Registration is open for the biggest event of the year! The 2014 SCTP National Team Championships will be held at the World Shooting and Recreational Complex
in Sparta, IL, July 14-19. Log onto your account at sssfonline.org
to register today!
COACHES: Please read the following information carefully.
- Afer logging in, go to the calendar tab
- Scroll to July 14th and click on the Nationals shoot
- Click “register here”
You will be responsible for squadding your athletes on the days and times that you see fit. Please ensure that you pick the correct dates and times. If competing in more than one discipline on the same day, make sure you allow ample time between events. You will have 10 days to fill squad times and pay for your slots. If not populated and paid, they will be erased, and that slot will be reopened to the general public. There will be no "hoarding" of time slots; only squad what you are sure will be attending for that event. It will be the Head Coach's responsibility
to ensure that your athletes are squadded properly, and you will sign off on that at registration. Once signed, the squads are set and there will be no more changes to that squad. Squads with a mixture of athletes from different divisions will be placed in the "Open" category. Squads with athletes in the wrong division may be disqualified. Please see the SCTP Handbook for details
. If you have any questions pertaining to any of the above, please contact an SCTP staff person. Additional InformationOpen Category
- This will consist of athletes from the same team but from different divisions. Last Competitor Standing
- This year we will have two of these competitions, Tuesday evening and Friday evening! ALL competitors must purchase and wear a colored wristband to compete in these events. Opening Ceremonies
- An Olympic-style march in front of the grandstands for all states and teams will start at approximately 4:45 p.m. on Wednesday, July 16.
College Recruiting Day
- State Advisors: Please ensure that you or someone from your state brings a state flag for ALL of your state teams to walk in behind.
- This will be Thursday, July 17, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., in the main building. Meet the Potterfields
- Brenda and Larry Potterfield will be on-site all day on Thursday, July 17. Please come up to the main building from 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. to say hello and thanks to them for their support of our programs. Youth Conservation Day
- On Friday, July 18 from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., come up and meet the folks from the different conservation groups, and learn how you can partner with them to help grow your team. Make a Break
- Daily winners/high scores will compete in an exciting shoot-off for prizes on Saturday, July 19 at 2 p.m. in front of the grandstands. NEW in 2014: College Open Category
- This will consist of athletes who have participated on their former team through high school and are returning to compete on that team. This category will allow these athletes to form a competitive squad as long as they are attending any college on a full-time basis. They do not have to attend the same college but must have competed with this team in the past. NEW in 2014: Doubles Trap
- You will be able to have your athletes compete in shooting Trap Doubles as a concurrent event. We will shoot this event on a Monday/Tuesday rotation OR a Wednesday/Thursday rotation, with 100 targets each of the two days. NEW in 2014: Handicap Trap
- You will be able to have your athletes compete in shooting Handicap Trap as a concurrent event. We will shoot this event on a Monday/Tuesday rotation OR a Wednesday/Thursday rotation, with 100 targets each of the two days.
NEW in 2014: Skeet Doubles
- All Rookies will shoot from the 19-yard line
- All Intermediates will shoot from the 21-yard line
- All Senior Division athletes will shoot from the 25-yard line.
- Athletes will be able to compete in Skeet Doubles, shooting 100 targets on Friday. Beretta will be sponsoring the Skeet Doubles Competition this year. After the scores come in, we will be drawing up to 3 numbers, depending on the number of registrations. Athletes whose score ends in that number will be invited to a shootout on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. for a grand prize: an A400 shotgun donated by Beretta! Awards
- SCTP will have a full listing of all awards (medals and trophies) and endowment awards posted at the registration area. Food Vendors
- We will have several food vendors on-site, located behind the grandstands. They will be serving items including steak sandwiches, hamburgers, pulled pork, jambalaya, shrimp baskets, catfish, and many other options. Cooling Tent
- This year, we will have a cooling tent located behind the grandstands. T-Shirts
- Commemorative t-shirts may be purchased at the "Great Outdoor" store, located in the main building. Golf Cars
- If you are interested in renting a golf car, you may reserve one at the Little Egypt Golf Car website
. Be sure to select the option for SCTP Rental Agreement
. Reservations must be made by June 30 to ensure that a cart will be available. If you wish to bring your own golf car, please read the attached rules
- Gamaliel will once again be running the Ammo Barn. You may purchase ammo from them during the week. Day Sponsors
- Sunday, July 13 Promatic Day
- Monday, July 14 Browning / SKB Day
- Tuesday, July 15 Remington Day
- Wednesday, July 16 CZ-USA Day
- Thursday, July 17 MidwayUSA Day
- Friday, July 18 Beretta Day
- Saturday, July 19 Zanders Sporting Goods / Nobel Sport Day
Coaches, athletes and families, wear your favorite sponsor shirts and hats on those days to support our fantastic top 8 sponsors! You never know, you might get singled out for a prize! Updated 6/19/2014