In 2016 the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation launched a campaign entitled, “VISION 20/20” with the goal to grow national youth participation in the Scholastic Clay Target Program and Scholastic Action Shooting Program to over 20,000 student athletes annually by the year 2020. In partnership with industry partners, civic organizations, member teams and DONORS like you the SSSF will provide the opportunity and funding for more students to join existing shooting teams and create new teams where none exist today.
Tax-deductible contributions to the Vision 20/20 campaign benefits local shooting teams by providing immediate cash needs for next season and future support via MidwayUSA Foundation team endowment account growth! Contributions to your favorite SCTP or SASP team must be made before the end of the year.
Where does my donation go?
Your donation benefits the Scholastic Clay Target or Scholastic Action Shooting Program team you specify and the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation. For example, you make a $100 tax-deductible donation to support your favorite team, the Clay Blasters. The Clay Blasters will receive the following:
- $50 as a cash grant from SSSF paid to the Clay Blasters in January, 2020 for the upcoming season’s needs
- $25 is sent from SSSF to the Clay Blasters team endowment account held at the MidwayUSA Foundation to support the team forever.
- MATCH FUNDING #1: MidwayUSA Foundation will match the $25 at their current program rate to the Clay Blasters’ team endowment account.*
- MATCH FUNDING #2: Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation will add $125 to the Clay Blasters’ team endowment account.*
- *SSSF match funding is limited to the first $165,000 raised in the campaign.
- *Match funding is possible because of the generous donations from Larry and Brenda Potterfield.
- $25 is retained by the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation to start new Scholastic Clay Target and Scholastic Action Shooting Program teams where none currently exist.
The total team benefit to the Clay Blasters for your $100 donation is over $200
Download our calculator to see how your tax-deductible donation will make a difference or to set your team fundraising goal!
Lookup a team ID to direct a donation to your favorite team!
Your gift continues to support the team forever…
The Clay Blasters can apply for 5% of their team account balance through a MidwayUSA Foundation grant every year, forever! That’s over $7.50 in cash grant funding, every year, forever for your $100 donation!
Donate $100+ get this Browning Knife / Flashlight Combo Set
All donors making donations of $100 or more will receive this limited edition Browning knife and light combo set in a commemorative tin (a $40 value).
How does my local shooting team get involved in this campaign?
Only active Scholastic Clay Target Program and Scholastic Action Shooting Program Teams are eligible to participate in the Vision 20/20 campaign. Getting your team involved is simple and involves the following steps:
- Complete and return the 2019 Vision 20/20 agreement and W-9.
- Open your team endowment account at the MidwayUSA Foundation if you have not done so already.
- Raise funds however your team deems most effective. This could include sending in funds from current or previous local fundraising efforts, soliciting donations with an email invitation via your team network of coaches and parents, asking local donors and/or advertising on social media.
- Submit donations to SSSF either securely online or via the print-and-mail form prior to January 1, 2020. Be sure to include your SSSF team ID on ALL donations so the donations can be allocated correctly. SSSF will provide you with periodic updates about donations received for your team.
Bonus Funding Opportunity
All teams participating in the Vision 20/20 campaign will have the opportunity to win BONUS team endowment funds! There are two competitions taking place:
- Teams with the most dollars raised.
- Teams with the most unique donors making donations via the SSSF website or print and mail form. Minimum donation is $10 to be counted as a unique donor.
For each competition, teams will be awarded team endowment funding to their MidwayUSA Foundation team endowment account as follows:
Questions? Please Contact Us!
SSSF President and Executive Director