The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation (SSSF) is seeking a highly motivated individual to assume the role of Marketing and Communications Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for content creation and day to day management of all foundation and program related communications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of marketing and communications for the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation, Scholastic Clay Target Program and Scholastic Action Shooting Program. The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for key messaging to current members/supporters as well as external audiences using a variety of methods and tools. Successful candidate will play a key role in the organizations ability to recruit and retain members and supporters.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Working with foundation and program management to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies and policies
- Creation and management of annual communications calendar based on key events
- Interacting with management, staff, membership, contractors and others to execute job duties
- Managing and growing mailing lists related to members, supporters, media and prospects
- Writing, editing and development of content for various foundation and program media platforms including blogs, press releases, email blasts, social media posts, streams, stories, magazines, etc.
- Create and coordinate all internal, direct email communications with staff, supporters, state advisors, coaches, athletes and parents based on program needs
- Manage all aspects of a regular e-newsletter for members, supporters and prospects
- Grow following, reach and exposure of foundation and program social media sites
- Create and manage monitors and alerts for external media in order to promote news generated by local member teams and to leverage member generated content
- Creation of print and digital ads, flyers, media guides, informational packets and other marketing assets required for program and foundation needs
- Utilize advertising systems such as AdWords to recruit new members and supporters
- Manage all aspects of the SSSF All Scholastic Team and leverage team membership for program marketing efforts
- Management of all content on foundation and program websites
- Management of image and video libraries required for foundation and program needs
- Manage all aspects of the annual National Championships program including creative, ad aggregation, content, printing and distribution
- Manage all aspects of on-site event communications for the annual National Championships including promotion of special events, daily schedules, text messaging, etc.