SSSF Seeks Foundation Director
Job Description – Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation
Job Title: Foundation Director
Location: Remote, Contiguous USA
Full-time position, Salary: $80K - $90K a year with competitive benefits
Reports to the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation Board of Directors
The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation (SSSF) seeks a visionary nonprofit business leader skilled in driving organizational success.
SSSF is 501(c)(3) public charity responsible for all aspects of the Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) and Scholastic Action Shooting Program (SASP) across the United States. SCTP and SASP are youth development programs in which adult coaches and other volunteers use shooting sports to teach and to demonstrate sportsmanship, responsibility, honesty, ethics, integrity, teamwork, and other positive life skills.
Executive Leadership and Organizational Management
Provide thoughtful and visionary executive leadership that is inclusive, transparent, and empowering in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors. The Foundation and the Programs have collective revenues exceeding $4 million and 17 employees dispersed across the United States with corporate headquarters based in San Antonio, Texas. A successful candidate will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Foundation and ensure its overall successful long-term operations and mission success. The Foundation Director will interface regularly with the National Directors of programs to ensure critical administrative support is adequate. They will evolve the strategic plan and drive its implementation. A successful candidate will have the skills to manage and motivate foundation staff, overseeing processes such as human resources, ongoing staff development, performance management, compensation, and benefits. The individual will have overall administrative management responsibility for the Foundation and two administrative direct reports. The Foundation Director will work alongside two National Directors and will support critical administrative support functions for SCTP and SASP.
· Maintain regular, ongoing communication to build a supportive relationship with the Board.
· Communicate effectively with the Board by providing members with all information necessary to make informed decisions in a timely and accurate manner.
· Attend all Board meetings and provide reports and updates on staff as well as project timelines and organizational progress.
· Implement Board policies and procedures.
· Inform the Board and its committees of any risks, issues, as well as successes.
Development and Fundraising Oversight
· Drive donor development through relationship building and fundraising in collaboration with the National Directors, leveraging the Board as needed. Work with fundraising vendors to ensure success.
· Ensure collaboration with the National Directors and the Board to ensure organizational financial stability and sustainability by maintaining healthy cash flow and adequate reserves.
Financial Management and Administration Responsibilities
· Provide strategic leadership and hands-on management for the Foundation and work closely with National Directors to ensure critical administrative and operational functions of the organization are in accordance with the mission, objectives, and policies.
· Prudently direct resources and manage all financials within budget guidelines and according to current laws and regulations.
· Monitor board-approved budget and collaborate regarding daily financial operations to ensure maximum utilization of resources and optimum financial positioning for the organization.
· Build and administer the organization’s budget. Work with National Directors on SCTP and SASP budgets and finalize with Board approval.
· Oversee any external accounting and audit resources and coordinate as needed with National Directors.
· Support the Foundation Board and designated Board committee operations; develop agendas, related documentation, and minutes for meetings.
· Develop, recommend, and administer policies, procedures, and processes in support of the Foundation goals and operations, in accordance with relevant legal parameters, and implements and monitors compliance with approved policies, procedures and processes.
· Oversee contracts and due diligence for all critical vendors.
· Ensure high visibility to potential donors and the public and build interest in engaged philanthropy.
· Manage all aspects of the Foundation’s marketing and public relations and coordinate and assist with the same for the programs.
Candidates may emerge from nonprofit, foundation, government, academic, or other complimentary industry backgrounds and should possess the following:
· 7-10 years serving in a significant strategic nonprofit role is desired or a Masters Degree is preferred in any of the following fields: business administration, nonprofit management, finance, marketing, and communications.
· Five years of prior experience as a senior or executive leader with an emphasis in operations, finance, and people management.
· Strong business and financial acumen to work with auditing firms for annual audits and 990 prep and a history of providing visionary leadership at a senior level.
· Proven experience working with and leading a nonprofit Board and working with diverse groups of people including board members, employees, and donors.
· Familiarity with diverse business functions such as Public Relations, Human Resources, Marketing, Risk Management, Compliance, Grant Writing and Fundraising, etc.
· Excellent written, oral, and public speaking skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with strong interpersonal and multidisciplinary project management skills.
· Desire to explore innovative approaches and new ideas to solving problems.
· Expertise on issues relevant to the organization within the area of youth shooting sports are a plus.
· Strength in interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules and regulations.
· Position requires some travel, as well as some nights and weekends for board meetings and special events.
· Proficiency in use of QuickBooks and Excel, and remainder Microsoft Office Suite is essential.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements in a PDF format to Board Chair, Ed Fitzgerald at email@example.com Attn: Ed Fitzgerald, SSSF Board Chairman.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue on a confidential basis until a candidate selection is made.
The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity and equity in all facets of the organization’s work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.