Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation Scholarship Program
The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation is proud to announce the 2017 SCTP and SASP Scholarship Program. The scholarship program rewards deserving Scholastic Clay Target Program and Scholastic Action Shooting Program graduating seniors with needed college assistance. Through this program the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation has provided over $200,000 in scholarship funds in the last four years to assist high school seniors in pursuing higher education. The main objective is to award as many scholarships as possible to qualifying SCTP / SASP graduating seniors. The application deadline is April 17th
so, apply now using our online application form at sssfonline.org
SSSF is establishing minimal guidelines for the selection procedure, thus allowing the final selection to be as simple as possible.
Application / Personal Information Page:
- Each applicant must be a graduating senior within the year of the awarded scholarship and must be registered for college before the scholarship is awarded in that same year.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative Grade Point Average through the most recent grading period ending on or before April 1, 2017.
- Each prospective recipient must be registered as a full-time college student before the scholarship is awarded and must provide the name of the post-secondary college or community/ junior college to receive the scholarship proceeds. Each scholarship check will be mailed to the appropriate college in the student's name by October 1, The scholarship funds are to be used for tuition, fees, etc. This is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any "full" scholarship funds in order to qualify (i.e., athletics, military academy, academic, etc. ).
- Applicants must have participated during 2016-2017 in one of their SCTP / SASP State Championships, National Championships, or regional events in Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, or Olympic Bunker; Olympic Skeet Championships, Pistol or Rifle.
- Applicants must be able to complete all parts of the application packet:
- One Page Student Resume or School and Non-School Activities and Honors
- One Page Essay (see Essay Guidelines)
- Must attach current high school transcript or home school transcript!
Funds will be awarded, if available, and the goal is to assist as many SCTP / SASP graduating high school seniors as possible.
Click here for the application
- Application Deadline (for the entire application packet): April 17, 2017
- All Materials Must Be Received by Deadline. No exceptions!