Reasons for World Record Attempt
- Provide a stage to showcase four talented upcoming youth shooters within their sport(s)
- Promote youth shooting programs in the USA
- Establish brand recognition with the youth shooter population and their families in USA
- Help launch / promote our respective products in 2019-2020 and beyond
Location for Guinness World Record Attempt
- Powder Creek Shooting Park powdercreek.com Lenexa, Kansas
Date for World Record Attempt
- October 12th, 2019
- 4602 targets shot in 12 hours by a team of 5 shooters
Shooters / Requirements
- One Female shooter & one Male shooter 16 years of age or older on Oct 12st, 2019 from the SCTP program sssfonline.org
- One Female shooter & one Male shooter 16 years of age or older on Oct 12st, 2019 from the AIM / ATA program aim4ata.com
- Dave Miller of CZ-USA and current Guinness World Record holder makes the 5th shooter
Qualification process for student athletes
- Shooters will sign up and participate in a 50-target special qualification shoot held at the 2019 SCTP Nationals and or the 2019 A.I.M / Grand American. It will cost the athlete $20 for each round they choose to shoot and/or submit for the qualifier as re-entries are allowed. These two very special events provide a unique clay shooting challenge that is equal to 50% of the individuals score (max score at qualifier is 50/50). Shooters will be judged on the following:
- Score at qualifier (50% of total application score)
- Written essay explaining what shooting sports means to them, and why they deserve to be on a World Record Team. (Submitted electronically to email@example.com ). Essay must be 400-500 words in length on a single page (50% of total application score)
- Conduct reviewed at qualifier (Reminder this is a professional, televised event with global coverage) and will be considered when reviewing final scores.
Qualifying at SCTP and/or AIM- Grand American
- SCTP Qualifier: July 13-20, 2019 (Pre-register at sssfonline.org) 10:00am-4:00pm each day
- AIM/ATA Qualifier: July 29-August 4, 2019 (Pre-register at aim4ata.com) 10:00am-4:00pm each day
- Waivers must be signed at the event.
- 50 targets ( 25 pairs )
- Chandelle / Teal type presentations at 30 meters
- Scores will be kept and calculated with the remaining application processes
- Athletes will compete with their own guns at qualifiers, but winners will receive and shoot the new CZ 1012 semi-auto at the World Record attempt.
- Athletes must not use any shot shell loads greater than 1 1/8 ounce of 7.5 shot at the qualifiers. Athletes must bring their own ammo.
Guinness World Record Attempt Winners
- Winners chosen based on combined score from application process and qualifiers. One female and one male will be chosen from each SCTP and AIM.
- Must be willing to travel to the Lenexa Kansas on October 10-13, 2019
- 100% travel expenses covered for athlete plus one guardian (travel and lodging only). Food and other expenses are not covered.
- Winners should understand that this is a 12-hour record event. This extremely physical process consists of standing and shooting.
- Winners will receive a CZ 1012 Semi-automatic shotgun courtesy of AIM and SCTP that they will shoot with during the Record Attempt.
- Winners to receive a World Record Shooting Vest and World Record Shirt to wear during the attempt.
- Ammo and targets provided
- If current record is broken, each winner will receive his or her own Guinness World Record Certificate.
- Winners to be part of the World Record Special to air on TV a later date.
- Winners to be part of the media and other press coverage from all around the world, and will undergo multiple interviews.