Greetings SCTP and SASP Coaches,
As a reminder, September 1st marks the beginning of a new season with the Scholastic Clay Target and Scholastic Action Shooting Programs. Membership renewals for coaches and athletes are required to retain member benefits including liability insurance, use of the SSSF SHOT system and eligibility to participate in all of the great SCTP and SASP events at the local, virtual, state, regional, and national levels. In addition, membership is required to take full advantage of all of the SCTP/SASP deals and promotions and fundraisers as well as camp opportunities, scholarships and the All Scholastic Team.
NOTE: If starting a new team, the head coach and/or team administrator should initiate these steps. In most cases the head coach/team administrator will also coordinate registration for all members of their local team. New teams are encouraged to watch our video tutorial on how to register.
Requirements for team and volunteer registration are as follows:
- Login to the SHOT System to create your new team and register your first coach.
- Create (new teams) or update (returning teams) your information on the SHOT System. See video tutorial for more information.
- Additional coaches / volunteers must be added through an invitation process in the SHOT System. Please watch our video tutorial on how to add a new coach or volunteer to your team.
- Pay your $35 registration fee for each volunteer. Fees can be paid online through the SHOT system individually or in bulk.
- Ensure your background check is current (a new check is required every two years) by logging into the SHOT system to verify the last date approved.
- Take the Positive Coaching Alliance Double Goal Coaches Course if you have not done so previously. There is no cost for the course when using the SSSF-provided voucher code. Volunteers must take this course only one time.
The requirement for registration of all athletes are as follows:
- Complete and return a 2020/2021 athlete consent/waiver form for SCTP and/or SASP for each athlete. Head coaches must keep a copy of the signed form and return the original to the program office listed on the form.
- Complete and retain the 2020/2021 Sportsmanship Contract form for SCTP and/or SASP for each athlete.
- Complete and retain the 2020/2021 Medical Consent form for SCTP and/or SASP for each athlete.
- Update the athlete information pages in the SHOT system. Ensure all contact information is correct and update the School Class and Classification information for each athlete.
- Pay the $25 athlete registration fee for each athlete. Fees can be paid online through the SHOT system individually or in bulk.
- Join and/or renew memberships with the National Governing Bodies (NGB) for skeet (NSSA), sporting clays (NSCA) and / or trap (ATA). NGB membership is a requirement to participate in SCTP state, regional and national championship events.
Thank you for your participation in the SCTP and SASP! If you have any questions on the registration process please contact your state advisor, regional program representative or national program staff member.
Be safe, have fun and enjoy another great season!
Your Scholastic Action Shooting and Scholastic Clay Target Program Staff